Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Roasted Tomatoes

I don't think it's any big secret that I LOVE tomatoes.

I like them in caprese dishes

I like them all sauced up.

And I also love roasting my veggies.


Roasted (grape) tomatoes become sweet, juicy and the perfect compliment to a steak dinner.

Roasted Tomatoes with Feta
(serves 4)

2C grape tomatoes (rinsed and dried)
4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp garlic (minced)
salt and pepper

1/4C feta

Directions 
Preheat oven to 400*

In a large baking dish arrange tomatoes in a single layer.  Toss with olive oil to coat and season with garlic, salt and pepper. 

Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until tomatoes start to burst. 

Remove from oven and, using a slotted spoon, transfer tomatoes to serving dish. Top with feta and serve immediately!

(note: why the slotted spoon? the tomatoes will continue to create their own sauce, so I think it's best to drain the tomatoes originally)


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment