Sunday, September 9, 2012

S'mores Bars


DANGER!

Delicious, addicting snack food post!



 The kids I babysit for in the afternoon (Patrick and Sally) are usually my taste testers and often get "forced" to try new recipes.

I don't think I have let them down and I often ask for the opinion and thoughts before I execute a recipe. 

And while I don't think I'm the first person to think to combine Golden Grahams, marshmallow and chocolate chips, I did follow my gut for this recipe


 (or just followed a recipe for Rice Krispy Treats...)




S'mores Bars
(makes 9x13 pan)

6 cups of Grahams Cereal
6 Tablespoons butter
One (10 oz) bag marshmallows
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions
coat a 9x13 pan with butter.

In a pan over medium heat melt butter and marshmallows stirring constantly to prevent burning. 
Once thoroughly melted stir in chocolate chips and continue stirring to combine.  
Remove from heat and stir in cereal.  Once cereal is completely coated, pour mixture into pan and spread (spray hands with cooking spray and press down).  Let cool for 2 hours. 



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment