Monday, October 1, 2012

Applesauce

I love apples.  


Growing up, I swear, every year we took a trip to an apple orchard and spent a week  learning about apples (in particular graphing our favorite type of apples). 


While I may not have snuck off to an orchard for fresh apples, I am grateful that the grocery store sells apples and suggests what type of apples are best for cooking.


Applesauce
(makes 2 cups)

10 medium apples (I used Gala) washed
1/4 c water
1 tablespoon cinnamon



Directions

Peel, core and chop apples and place in large pan over medium heat.  Add water and bring apples to a boil. (Watch apples so they don't burn!!) Once apples are soft, use a immersion blender (or potato masher) to puree apples to desired consistency.  Remove from pan and place in serving dish and sprinkle with cinnamon and allow time to cool. 


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment