Monday, October 15, 2012

Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili


I know. I know. I know.

Another PUMPKIN recipe. 

I think there is one more and then I'm done...

...maybe.


And to be honest, I didn't even TOUCH pumpkin until 2009!

And it was a fluke. 

But, like most flukes, it was wonderful and now I can barely keep my hands away!



Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili

(adapted Taste of Home)
(serves 10)
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups chicken broth
2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions 

 In a large skillet, saute turkey breast until mostly cook. Add in the onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to crockpot and stir in the remaining ingredients.

Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.


ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment