Thursday, April 5, 2012

Shredded Chicken

For the past few years I've been on a low carb/high protein diet but the last few weeks I've been craving carbs (especially cereal and rice... it's bizarre!)  I've also been ridiculously stressed with school and haven't been cooking the way I like and have been snacking for dinner (cheese and chocolate chips anyone?!)


That changed last week!

In the crockpot (one of my favorite kitchen accessories!)

-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
-With a sprinkle of dried: garlic, chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
-One box of chicken stock +1 C water

and set on low for 6-8 hours


After 6-8 hours use two forks to shred the chicken (if there is remaining liquid drain before you shred)

(after I shredded it, I added a Frontera flavor pouch...just to spice it up)


I used mine to make tacos but you could also use it for quesadillas or nachos.


                                                                    Enjoy!!

3 comments: