Monday, April 30, 2012

Chicken Parm

This is my classic, easy, go to dish.

People who have eaten this chicken parmesan have gone on to lead happy and blissful lives.
Could it be the chicken?
Yes. Yes, it is.


This dish came about during the college years when I was trying to convince my parents I was a "grown up." I'm not sure they were convinced that I was a grown up BUT they definitely were convinced I could cook!

So my Chicken Parm is delicious, low in fat, low in carbs (leave out/sub the pasta and it's gluten free!)  and I think you should make it!

Chicken Parmesan
(serves 2-- easily multiplied)

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast (defrosted and rinsed off- pat dry)
juice from 1/2 a lemon (or about 4 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce (I usually use Whole Food's Classic)
1/4 tsp each:
salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, basil
2 slices of Italian White Cheese (mozzarella or provolone)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and spray an oven safe baking dish with nonstick spray.
Set chicken in pan and sprinkle, evenly, with lemon juice, garlic. Spread 1/4 c sauce on each chicken breast before sprinkling with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and basil.
Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes


Check chicken for done-ness (165* F- internal temp/juices run clear) and top each breast with a slice of cheese. Return to oven for 5minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool for 2 minutes and serve

Bon Appetit!



(I served mine with linguini but you could serve with any pasta, rice, bread or even on salad... yummy!)





1 comment: