Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chocolate Peanutbutter Adventure Cookies

Last summer my sister, Julie, came up from Florida to visit/attend our brother's wedding.


 (Julie and I)

I don't remember the whole story but somehow we ended up creating an adventure. We built up this adventure for a good month (probably longer) and because I was so excited to start this adventure I agreed to meet her at Chicago Midway Airport in order to not miss a moment of this adventure.


Our adventure wasn't to find a tourist in Chicago (ha!) or even the best Chicago style hot-dog or pizza!


It was to try, PeanutButter and Co : Dark Chocolate Dreams.







A blend of Dark Chocolate and Peanutbutter... COME ON FOLKS!  Only our mom and middle sister could refuse!  After a healthy spoonful and a lesson that PB and beer don't really mix (a lesson that I, unfortunately, learn frequently) we put the jar aside and went about business.The jar sat for a few days and I realized, I had to do it. I had to bake with it. Using a classic (gluten free!)  peanutbutter recipe I created my first cookie!



Chocolate PeanutButter Adventures (slightly adapted from Paula)


  • 1/2 cup Peanutbutter (I use creamy)
  • 1/2 cup PeanutButter and Co: Dark Chocolate Dreams
  • 1 1/3 cups sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Roll the dough into small balls  Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes (if they are not done- continue to check on the cookies in 30 second intervals), remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment