Monday, April 16, 2012

Shredded Carrots with Raisins

This recipe ties back to the carrot cake cookie recipe.  I mentioned in that post that baking is precise and that's one of the reasons I love it.  Now cooking, cooking is completely subjective and, really, anyone can do it! 

 I had leftover shredded carrots and raisins to use (leftovers from the cookies) and I had an idea.


Using shredded carrots, raisins, butter and brown sugar I created a simple side dish in under 15minutes.


Recipe:
2 Tablespoons butter
3 1/2 C shredded carrots (I just used what I had left)
1/4 C raisins
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

In a sautee pan, melt butter and add carrots.  Stir the carrots until they have softened.  Once the carrots are soft, add raisins and brown sugar and keep on heat (stil stirring!) for about 3 minutes. 



I served mine over rice and it was the perfect combination of mild sweetness to go with the spicy chicken breast my roommate made. 

Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment