Thursday, April 5, 2012

First Blog Post

My philosophy in the kitchen is simple:  Food should taste good.  Food should be real.

I can't help but cringe every time I see a recipe calling for Splenda, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, or some other form of ingredient created in a chemistry lab.  I use butter and sugar.  I use oils and fats. I use real eggs. I am a perfectly healthy adult cooking for other perfectly healthy adults.  (I do believe in skim milk and reduced fat cheese and lean ground meat but that's a different story.) I am by no means a "Paula Dean" type of girl nor am I another "Hungry Girl"

I love baking and cooking (the two are different) but for different reasons.  I love baking (it's one of the things I do for stress relief!) because it's methodical and exact: there needs to be that perfect balance in order to have a tasty success.  I love cooking (it's also a form of stress relief!) because it's not exact.  I can take a pound of meat and come up with endless possibilities!  I probably identify myself as a baker but mostly because I find that a plate of cookies is a bigger crowd pleaser than a plate of chicken!

People always ask: how do you stay "so thin" and eat THAT?! It's simple: I share my cookies and desserts and, occasionally, I work out.

I've started this blog to better share the goodness that comes out of my kitchen (FaceBook wasn't a large enough media) both from my own ideas and other bloggers I follow. 

So welcome: this ride is just getting started.


(New posts are currently planned for Sundays and Thursdays but schoolwork comes first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment