Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thumbprint Cookies

These cookies bring back memories of my Grandma C. 



I don't think she ever made them but I remember them being at every church social I went to with her. 


With a little help from my 5yr old sous chef we decided to make apricot and blackberry thumbprint cookies. 



These could not have been tastier or easier to make. 


These might just be one of my favorites!! 



Thumbprint cookies 
 (adapted from All Recipes)
(makes 2 dozen)

   1 cup butter, softened 
2/3 cup white sugar 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
2 cups all-purpose flour 
1/2 cup your favorite jam (I used apricot and blackberry)   

Directions
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
 In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with jam. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. 

Let cool for one minute on the cookie sheet!



Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment