Monday, July 9, 2012

Pizza Party


 I'm spending a few days with my favorite pizza eaters and decided this was the perfect  time to share some of my favorite, quick and easy pizza combinations.

(Andouille Chicken Sausage)

For starters, I purchase a pizza dough ball from Trader Joe's.  I tend to use their whole wheat crust as I like the chewiness of the crust and I've found it holds up the best and really compliments the toppings. 

(Garlic Chicken Sausage)

I also use Trader Joe's light mozzarella cheese and their pizza sauce. Although, I have been known to use a plain marinara or leftover pasta sauce in a bind.

(Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage with onions, peppers and sundried tomatoes)

After the pizza is fully covered with sauce and cheese, it's time for toppings.  Trader Joe's sells really good chicken sausage links that I like to use (in particular the sun-dried tomato and garlic sausages) after I slice them.  I also like to use leftover chicken (cut in cubes).  And nothing beats pepperoni!

(Roasted chicken with red peppers- proof that food doesn't always look perfect!)

A little something extra. Depending on what I have on hand, who I'm cooking for and what type of pizza, I try to pile on some extra flavors.  My standbys are a chicken pizza with diced red peppers and sautéed onions or the sun-dried tomato sausage pizza with chopped sun-dried tomatoes and garlic on top. 

ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. i miss trader joes!! glad you can utilize their ingredients to make delicious pizzas!

    ReplyDelete