Monday, May 28, 2012

Shredded Chicken Enchilada's

This was my first time shredding chicken after boiling it.

I do prefer crockpot shredding but in case a) you don't have 8hours or b) only making enough for 3 people the boiling method is a little more efficient.


Ingredients:
2 chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Seasoning:
1tsp cumin
1tsp garlic powder
and a pinch of chili flakes

5 soft tortilla shells*
(this was all I had)

After shredding the chicken and adding the spices I combined a can of lowfat black beans (drained and rinsed) with 2 cups of shredded cheese.  After folding it all in, I scooped about a 1/4 cup mixture into a "taco" sized soft tortilla shell, rolled up and placed seam side down in baking dish.

Repeat- bake at 400 for about 10minutes


And of course,




ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment