Monday, May 14, 2012

Roasted and Mashed Cauliflower


Don't judge me.

I make delicious cookies and treats and I can whip a chicken dish up real quick.

But we need to eat veggies.


 I personally prefer most of my veggies either raw or in V8 form but
I also like my veggies roasted
(in particular: peppers, squash and asparagus and now, cauliflower)

This barely taste like cauliflower.  It's blended down to a mashed potato consistency and has been deemed AMAZING by the people I've served it to.

Roasted and Mashed Cauliflower
(serves 2-3)
1 head of cauliflower, cut into floretes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to evenly coat the cauliflower)
1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 400* F

Directions
After cutting cauliflower- coat with olive oil and place cauliflower in center of baking sheet.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place in center of oven and let roast for 20-30 minutes until browned.


Once browned and softened, put in food processor (or blender or immersion blender) and puree until it resembles mashed potatoes.

At this point you could add garlic powder and other seasonings to taste.  If the cauliflower isn't soft enough, add a tablespoon of milk to aid in puree-ing.


 ENJOY!


(please come back on Thursday, I'll have a delicious cookie to make up for the cauliflower :)) 

 

(and next week I'll tell you what's with the cauliflower)

No comments:

Post a Comment