Thursday, May 10, 2012

M & M Cookies


Growing up, my favorite cookies were the Keebler Elf M & M cookies



I've been wanting to recreate my own version and finally had the perfect helper to assist me in the kitchen.

Max!

Max is one of the kids I babysit for and I can not imagine my life/day without.  I've known Max for 2.5 years and am so lucky I get to watch him grow into such an amazing young boy.

Max loves cooking and baking.  Max is 100% involved from start (he likes to crack eggs and is reluctantly learning that many people prefer the shell NOT in the bowl and the inside of the egg NOT on the floor) to finish (especially the eating part) and loves watching the cookie dough form.




M & M Cookies
(slightly adapted from the Nestle Recipe)

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups M & M candies

Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in M & M's. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. 

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. 


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment