Monday, January 21, 2013

Dad's Cookies

Now that 2012 is in the books, I wanted to go over all the cookies that comprised my Dad's Cookie of the Month Club membership.

In many ways, be it good or bad, I am a lot like my Dad.
I share his sense of humor.
I can thank him for the blonde hair!
And my Dad and I are super close
(Despite living 250miles away!)
Thank goodness for cell phones and the fact that he now texts!


The idea played out over the course of 10ish months:
Dec 26, 2010: I have no ide what to get Dad for Christmas next year. It's okay. I have a year to figure it out.

May 27, 2011: Dad likes to eat.

September 23, 2011 : Dad ALWAYS compliments my cookies and made 
not-so-subtle insinuations that he'd like to have MORE

(Dad's favorite food group is "Hot and Massive")

October 5, 2011: I got it.  I should create a "cookie club" where I send him homemade treats every month!

And that's where the idea came from. Dad's Cookie of the Month Club

Christmas 2011: Initiation into "the Club"

(These the cookies my dad BRAGS about. 
It was an obvious choice for the inaugurational month)

January 2012: Brown Butter Toffee

February 2012: Heart Shaped Thin Mints*

March 2012: Oreo Crunch*

April 2012: Carrot Cake Cookies

September: Trail Mix Cookies



(cookies with the asterisk mean the recipe is coming soon!)

This adventure was well appreciated by Dad and, also, required a lot of time.  I wouldn't have done anything else but I did get him a gift for Christmas 2012. 



No comments:

Post a Comment