Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rocky Road Cookies



I figure these are the perfect cookie for Father's Day!

What kid hasn't taken their parent down a rocky road, at some point? (the teenage years? Im looking at you!)  I like to think I never gave my "Papa Bear" too much trouble but I did have some GREAT older siblings to teach me what NOT to do (-or- how to do it BUT not get caught!) 

As I mentioned, last week, my Dad and I are really close and I love him VERY much... By the time he gets home from work- there should be a package of these babies waiting for him! (that was this weeks's "Guess that mess..." (huge kudos to Mrs Kolec for the name suggestions!!))


Rocky Road Cookies
(makes 5 dozen small cookies) 

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 
1 cup granulated sugar 
1 cup light brown sugar 
2 large eggs 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
1 cup mini chocolate chips 
1 cup Mallow Bits
1 cup chopped almonds 



 Directions
  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.

 With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, Mallow Bits, and chopped almonds. Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.

Bake cookies for 8 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.



 So make these for your dad... He probably deserves it! 


 ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment