Monday, November 5, 2012

Black and White Cookies

These cookies were my Dad's October edition of his Cookie of the Month Club.

I think I've mentioned before that my Dad's Christmas gift (for 2011) was a batch of homemade cookies delivered once a month.  It's been fun for me because I get to try/create new recipes and he gets to try/enjoy my creations!


The month tends to have a theme and this them was Halloween.  Black and White translating to x-rays/skeletons.

I made a Halloween theme note (complete with word plays "boo-tiful, "spook-tacular" and, my favorite, de-"fright"ful) and tried my hardest to impress the man.

(I'll admit... this was a stretch and not my most creative.. oh well!)


Black and White Cookies
(makes 3 dozen)

1 cup (2 sticks) butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda

3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 375*


In your mixer, combine butter and sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs until incorporated.  
In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa and baking soda.  In small batches (3 or 4) add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.

Stir in white chocolate chips.

Drop onto lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack and let cool for, at least, 20 minutes.


ENJOY!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment