Monday, November 12, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper "Sauce"

This sat on my "Must Make" board since I first joined Pinterest.

For over a year, that poor recipe just hung on, collecting virtual dust.


I finally bit the bullet, a few weeks back, and quickly made it.  Seriously, quick. Less than 20minutes from start to in my belly.


I like quick recipes.

It was just as good as I was hoping and my only suggestion would be to use warm peppers.  The sauce was cool and the gnocchi hot and I think hot sauce, hot gnocchi would've been a million times better.

(disclaimer, I do not have a microwave... that would've been too obvious a solution!)

Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
(from How Sweet)

1 jar roasted red peppers
3 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
4-5 basil leaves, torn
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
Directions

In a food processor , combine garlic, cheese, basil, salt, pepper and peppers.  Puree then add olive oil until smooth.

Serve over your favorite pasta or meat. 


ENJOY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment