Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kale Salad


As well all know, I like to eat and bake a lot of cookies.  I do cook a lot but I've yet to give someone a plate of cookies and hear "well, these taste good BUT I'd rather have some eggplant parm


The first time I tried kale, it was roasted and I wasn't impressed.  The second time, I held my reservations but wanted to be polite so I took a small helping.  And I'm glad I did!  

This salad is super easy, quick and more importantly delicious!  



Kale Salad
(original recipe shared by Julie and Kate) 
(serves 4)

1 bag pre-washed Kale (easily found at Trader Joe's)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 fresh lemon
1 avocado, chopped
1/4 raw red onion, chopped

(optional: chopped raw walnuts)

Directions

Wash kale and seperate the thicker stem pieces from the leaves.  Discard stems.

Put into large serving bowl. Massage olive oil into leaves kale, this is to taste but there shouldn't be any EVOO in the bottom of the bowl; a little oil goes a LONG way.  Add avocado and onion and mix together.  Squeeze lemon juice over salad 



 ENJOY!

(right now, Stella & Dot (/Julie) is offering a huge promotion with rewards cash good towards a July purchase.  Offer ends in June so HURRY and check it out :))

No comments:

Post a Comment