Monday, August 27, 2012

Eggplant Parm


Disclaimer:  this may be a cheater recipe. 


Pretty much, this is my chicken parmesan recipe with eggplant subbed for chicken.

BUT it was 
a) absolutely delicious
and
b) my first time using eggplant!

The eggplant was actually quite easy to prepare.

I really think picking it out was the hardest part!
(I picked one that was a little softer and made a hallow sound when I tapped it)

 Eggplant Parmesan 
(serves 2-3)

1 medium eggplant
3 cloves of garlic, minced
olive oil
salt/pepper

1 jar tomato sauce (I used a chunky tomato basil)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

shredded parmesan cheese
fresh basil 

Directions
 (preheat oven to 350)

Peel and slice eggplant (hamburger style) into equal sized slices.
Place (evenly spaced) eggplant slices on baking sheet and sprinkle with miced garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper.

Bake for 30 minutes and then top with tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese


Bake for an additional 5 minutes (until cheese is melted)




Sprinkle with shredded parmesan and top with fresh basil leaves.


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment