Monday, April 15, 2013

Roasted Green Beans

Confession time, I do not like green beans.  


I'll eat a little bit if they're baked in mushroom soup and topped with fried onions.

But really, nope. Not a fan.

Enter these lovelies.



I first made these a few months back when I made a gourmet dinner for my brother and sister-in-law (they are fans of the "greenie- beanies") and I was shocked when I couldn't keep my hands off of them.

I have since made them three more times and every time I'm shocked by how good they are.



ROASTED GREEN BEANS

1 package "Haricots Verts" /french style green beans
Olive oil
Salt, Pepper and freshly crushed garlic
(other seasonings you prefer work too!)

Directions
Preheat oven to 400*.  Rinse green beans. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Toss green beans in olive oil and seasonings and arrange on baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake for 20-30 minutes until crisp.


ENJOY!!!  

**(In my experience I've found 1 package from Trader Joe's feeds 3 people)**
***(You MUST use the thinner French style bean, the other types contain too much water and do not crisp/roast) ***








No comments:

Post a Comment