Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Pancakes

I have a problem.


A pancake problem.


I LOVE pancakes.

I love to add fun things to my pancakes, like bananas, Nutella, peanutbutter, blueberries, and chocolate.


And I never top with maple syrup.  

I typically opt for peanutbutter or Nutella or even jelly. 

And fresh whipped cream. 

My recipe is simple enough
(Bisquick with unmeasured add ins)




And while this is delicious, sometimes you want to up the ante. 

And that's what I did here.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
(makes about 12 pancakes)

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 ground cloves
1/8 ground ginger
1 cup buttermilk, shaken
1 egg
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.  In a measuring cup measure out the buttermilk. Add the egg and lightly beat. Next, mix in the pumpkin puree until completely blended. Pour in the slightly cooled melted butter and mix some more.
Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter should be a little lumpy.


Heat up your griddle (spray with nonstick spray OR melt a little butter on it) then pour batter on the warm griddle. (I use either a ¼ measuring cup OR a laddle to make even pancakes). 
Top each pancake with desired amount of chocolate chips.

Cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and then flip. Cook on opposite side for about 40 seconds, or until golden brown.


ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment