Monday, December 3, 2012

On the Go: Egg Muffins

This recipe was the result of extreme laziness.  

Let me explain. 


First, I saw a similar pin on Pinterest sometime last Spring (probably when I was supposed to be writing a paper and yet, I never actually pinned it...  double the laziness)

Secondly, I love Starbucks Spinach Egg White Wraps.  But couldn't the fathom the idea of walking 3 minutes to get one.

So, instead I figured I'd just whip up my own spinach and egg combination.  Oh yes, there's feta too... it makes everything "bet-a"   (and also lost any lazy points previously scored)


This literally took less than 3 minutes to whip up and after 20minutes, breakfast was served (and leftovers saved for the future)


These would be the ideal recipe to make on a Sunday morning and then saved for the rest of the week 
(or made ahead for a brunch (with easy cleanup) so you (and the kids) can have a healthy and hearty breakfast.



On the Go: Spinach and Feta Egg Muffins
(inspired by Pinterest; produced by Laziness)
(makes 6 muffins)

5oz package frozen spinach 
2oz fat free crumbled feta
5 eggs
milk

Directions

Preheat oven to 350*

Defrost spinach in the microwave, approximately for 2 minutes.  Drain water. (I used a fine mesh strainer and also patted with a paper towel)

While spinach is defrosting, crack eggs and scramble with milk.  Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.

Mix in spinach and equally pour into muffin tin.  Bake for 20 mins. Let cool and either freeze or refrigerate for future lazy mornings.  

(Note: this recipe is easily doubled just use one or two less eggs than muffins needed.  However, extra egg mixture can be scrambled up and enjoyed that way as well)


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment